Active Directory error when created dataset

cpbpilot

Cadet
So I am testing out the beta. I did a fresh install of 24 added it to the active directory domain, created a pool. When I go to create a dataset for SMB I get an "key error" then it spits out a domain user sid ''S-1-5-21-1794754554-3588580678-3656235993-513' with the following in the "more information" dropdown and fails to create the dataset. I looks to me like this would have been a user that was deleted when I search my active directory by user SID "wmic useraccount get name,sid" this SID does not show up in the list.

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 198, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_with_audit(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, self)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1468, in call_with_audit
result = await self._call(method, serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1419, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service/crud_service.py", line 171, in create
return await self.middleware._call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service/crud_service.py", line 202, in nf
rv = await func(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 47, in nf
res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 187, in nf
return await func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/dataset.py", line 562, in do_create
acl_to_set = (await self.middleware.call('filesystem.acltemplate.by_path', {
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1566, in call
return await self._call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 187, in nf
return await func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 47, in nf
res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/filesystem_/acl_template.py", line 321, in by_path
await self.append_builtins(t)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/filesystem_/acl_template.py", line 220, in append_builtins
du = idmaps['mapped'][domain_users_sid]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
KeyError: 'S-1-5-21-1794754554-3588580678-3656235993-513'

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Hi,

RC.1 is out now. Can you try to reproduce in that version and raise a Jira ticket if it persists?

Thank you

cpbpilot

Cadet
I am unable to update to the RC1. the RC1 is not available on the truenas site and when I try to perform a update through the install I get a "Unable to reach the update server"

snap470.png

If I restart the systems and login immediately I can get it to show that a update is available but when i try to do the update I get the same "connection reset by peer"
snap471.png

cpbpilot

Cadet
Hi,

RC.1 is out now. Can you try to reproduce in that version and raise a Jira ticket if it persists?

Thank you
I was never able to get the systems to update "automatically". I'll have to talk to my MSP to see if they changed some setting on our firewall. I was finally able to update manually now that RC1 is on the main site. After the update I can confirm that the system work as expected and I can create a dataset without getting an error for deleted AD users. Thanks William for your help!