SOLVED Error in boot drive

Jacopx

Patron
Ciao a tutti,

Since some months I've removed one of my mirrored boot device, and of course I forgot to replace it, now we are here:

Code:
$ sudo zpool status -v freenas-boot
Password:
  pool: freenas-boot
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
    corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
    entire pool from backup.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
  scan: scrub repaired 0B in 00:05:03 with 1 errors on Mon Jun 12 09:26:18 2023
config:

NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    freenas-boot  ONLINE       0     0     0
      da1p2       ONLINE       0     0     4

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

freenas-boot/ROOT/13.0-U5.1@2022-11-03-16:24:06:/usr/local/libexec/gcc10/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd13.1/10.3.0/f951

What is the correct way to solve this question? I need to backup di configuration, reinstall everything and reimport the configuration?
Is there any better faster solution that can be used? Maybe that not require to reinstall the GPU on my server to perform the installation?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Easy option: Backup your configuration files then if you have a previous boot environment, restore it. This should be a quick fix. If this doesn't work then you can try the other option listed below. If it boots correctly then go and delete the corrupt boot environment. If the older boot environment is an older version of TrueNAS (I suspect 13.0-U4) then you can upgrade the system again if you desire.

Save your configuration information and the secret seed. If you plan to continue to use a single boot device (nothing wrong with that), then reinstall TrueNAS to the drive. Pay attention to which drive you are restoring to, no need to write over a data drive. Once the system reboots, import the configuration files, reboot and you should be all done.

Jacopx

Patron
Easy option: Backup your configuration files then if you have a previous boot environment, restore it. This should be a quick fix. If this doesn't work then you can try the other option listed below. If it boots correctly then go and delete the corrupt boot environment. If the older boot environment is an older version of TrueNAS (I suspect 13.0-U4) then you can upgrade the system again if you desire.

Save your configuration information and the secret seed. If you plan to continue to use a single boot device (nothing wrong with that), then reinstall TrueNAS to the drive. Pay attention to which drive you are restoring to, no need to write over a data drive. Once the system reboots, import the configuration files, reboot and you should be all done.
Really thanks for the first solution!

I've already buy the new drive for the mirror, tomorrow everything will be fine.