Asrock x99 WS/E-10G build

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdragon75

Wizard
Seems it'll only benefit NextCloud and maybe Plex once they are up n running.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
By "it" are you referring to a SLOG device or the L2ARC? In either case, it likely will not. That is unless your ingesting data over NFS due to the fact that NFS usually defaults to synchronous writes. Then it will be ALMOST as fast as other methods that write async. Sorry bout unless your running a bunch of VMs or a database from the NAS, you not going to get much from a SLOG or L2ARC. Remember, you cannot write faster than your poll by itself is capable of under ideal conditions. If you do, bad things happen. I.E write thrashing.

EDIT: fixed typos

Last edited:

Scrat_

Explorer
On a random note, I don't think I'll build with a 2U case again. The space between the CPU fan and cover is too narrow, leaving the cover to absorb a lot of heat pushed from the fan. Said space is between a quarter and half an inch.

Tsk tsk.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
On a random note, I don't think I'll build with a 2U case again. The space between the CPU fan and cover is too narrow, leaving the cover to absorb a lot of heat pushed from the fan. Said space is between a quarter and half an inch.

Tsk tsk.

That is part of the reason why I usually suggest a 4U or 3U chassis. When I get a chance to make suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

kdragon75

Wizard

Tsk tsk.

Most =< 2U rack mount cases are designed for from to back air flow. Including across the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.