Final Cut Unsupported Volume Type

lonewaffle

Cadet
Hello,

I'm trying to use space on my TrueNAS to store a Final Cut library for archival purposes and am running into this error when I try to re-open the created library:

Unsupported Volume Type
Choose a local, SAN, or supported SMB location

I've seen a few other threads on TrueNAS forums that mention needing to enable fruit and catia in VFS Options. This was replaced with "Auxiliary Parameters" and I'm not entirely sure how to format that. I've tried:
vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr

and I've enabled Apple SMB2/3 Protocol Extensions in the SMB service but it still doesn't work.

Did I enter the auxiliary parameters incorrectly or is there something else that I need to do to get this working?

In case it helps, I'm on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3.

Thanks

PhilD13

Patron
After enabling the Apple extensions, did you stop and restart the SMB service? Services won't pick up changes unless stopped and restarted. As for the command syntax, someone else would have to answer.

lonewaffle

Cadet
After enabling the Apple extensions, did you stop and restart the SMB service? Services won't pick up changes unless stopped and restarted. As for the command syntax, someone else would have to answer.
I did restart the SMB service after each change just to be sure. I’m not always certain when that’s necessary, so I just always do it in case. Good thought though!