iSCSI recovery after OS Drive failure/reload

denysd

Cadet
After a failure of the hard drive media on a 11.03 FreeNAS server we are attempting recovery of the iSCSI drives. (of course doing this from VA the server is in FL just to make it fun) I know that the old SR was

iSCSI SR [172.16.1.254 (iqn.2005-10.org.freenas.ctl:iscsi01; LUN 1: 90b11c3a1fce00: 4 TiB (FreeNAS))] on an XCP-NG pool.

I have reloaded the OS to version 12 as I was told previously that it shouldn't matter and 12 was more stable. I have the system online. I have matched the IP addresses. I have named it the same hostname. I have not started the iSCSI service but was going to use that same base name and LUN. The original iSCSI share was file-based and the file is available in the TrueNAS Storage Pool.

My question is there anything else I should do? Is there any guidance or experience you folks have with this type of operation? I really need to get that drive mapped and get a directory of files from it if possible. It had 3 windows servers and 1 linux server in that one iSCSI share (file) if that is of any concern.

We are eager to get this data cleared and be able to bring this NAS back online as the primary as it has much more power and resources than the backup unit that is currently acting as prod.

Thanks in Advance for any info or suggestions

Dennis

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity