@iXSystems: Stop being disrespectful to people making suggestions

djaoifj92i90

Dabbler
I created an issue on Github and suddenly someone from TrueNAS immediately closed it, told me to file it in JIRA and immediately disabled the "issues" feature on the Github repo completely so I had no chance to reply.

I don't want to create the 11000th JIRA account in some company's self managed JIRA.
I have waaaaay to many accounts already.
My mailbox explodes with all the reminders some random JIRAs are still sending me, for example the Jenkins CI JIRA

Stop being so rude please

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello @djaoifj92i90

Sorry about the experience on the Github. We actually never intended to use the Github Issues page for tracking, as we're accustomed to Jira for internal ticketing, collab, and general time-tracking. I understand this is an inconvenience.

If you'd like to DM me the details of the feature request, I can broker it through for you if you'd like; however, you wouldn't be able to get status updates or provide further information directly; however, we could link to the Jira ticket in a forum thread and you could continue providing feedback here as well.

Thanks!

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Yes, also apologies. Sometimes when we clone repos or make changes the "issues" feature gets re-enabled by mistake. Rather annoying to be honest.. But Jira is the place to discuss things unless you are opening up a pull request with code attached.

djaoifj92i90

Dabbler
My idea was that the password input field when unlocking a password encrypted ZFS dataset should have the cursor already in it when opening the view so I don't have to press tab many times or use mouse - instead I want to be able to immediately type the password and hit enter to have a fast unlock workflow