Setting up TrueNAS as a Cloud Server with NextCloud

PaleoJoe

Cadet
Sorry, if this is a question that has already been answered, but I'd like a step-by-step procedure for setting up TrueNAS as Cloud Storage. I have looked at the YouTube video "How to turn TrueNAS into Cloud storage with NextCloud," but they skip over details in spots without giving showing how to do the steps. Is there documentation that I can use to follow the steps? Sorry, just a Noob here with this stuff...

GBillR

Contributor
Sorry, if this is a question that has already been answered, but I'd like a step-by-step procedure for setting up TrueNAS as Cloud Storage. I have looked at the YouTube video "How to turn TrueNAS into Cloud storage with NextCloud," but they skip over details in spots without giving showing how to do the steps. Is there documentation that I can use to follow the steps? Sorry, just a Noob here with this stuff...
Not for the faint of heart...

See here: Scripted installation of Nextcloud 23 in iocage jail

Or if you are really looking for punishment, here: How to install Nextcloud on FreeNAS in an iocage jail with hardened security

Good luck.

I personally used the process outlined in the second link... but if I had to do it over again, would likely try @danb35's scripted method.