SMB Mount Assistance

Daniels25143

Dabbler
Good Morning, I'm trying out SCALE in a VM on ESXi, and trying to test out all my use cases, one of which is running Plex. In order to do my testing I've mounted a SMB share from my main server in order to test out plex by editing my /etc/fstab file. This works fine, but on reboot, the fstab edits I made are no longer there, and I have to edit the file on each reboot. Any reason for this behavior or is there something I should be doing different?

Daniels25143

Dabbler
I wound up solving my own problem using a solution suggested for mounting an NFS share. I added a command as part of the Init scripts under advanced to mount the shares I needed.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Can you provide a link to the solution. Thanks.

Daniels25143

Dabbler
I used this post to clue me in on what to do, as the /etc/fstab file doesn't persist between reboots. I did the following:
  1. Go to System Settings -> Advanced
  2. Click "Add" in the "Init/Shutdown Scripts" section
  3. I used the following in each of the fields:
    1. Description: Mount SMB
    2. Type: Command
    3. Command: sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.smbcredentials //10.X.X.13/data /mnt/shares
      1. I have a file in root with the credentials for the share.
    4. When: Post Init
    5. Timeout: 10

Selassie

Dabbler
I used this post to clue me in on what to do, as the /etc/fstab file doesn't persist between reboots. I did the following:
  1. Go to System Settings -> Advanced
  2. Click "Add" in the "Init/Shutdown Scripts" section
  3. I used the following in each of the fields:
    1. Description: Mount SMB
    2. Type: Command
    3. Command: sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.smbcredentials //10.X.X.13/data /mnt/shares
      1. I have a file in root with the credentials for the share.
    4. When: Post Init
    5. Timeout: 10
This is a great help, I have been trolling all around the forums looking for a way to accomplish this.