ZFS Pool Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidHasEdge

Explorer
Hey guys,

I was planning on migrating my jails zfs pool to a ssd tonight. I was dumb about the way I tried it, but here's what I did.

My jails are on two mirrored 1tb drives. I disconnected one drive and connected up my SSD, which is 240GB (1tb for my jails was overkill but they were what I had laying around).

I thought maybe I could just add the drive to the pool and it would rebuild the data over to the SSD even though its a smaller drive. It did not. And turns out that I added it as a stripe somehow. Whatever, I figured. I still have my mirrored 1tb drives, I can just import the pool from them and try going at this again.

Well, it now reports that 1 or more devices are missing from the pool when I attempt to import it, please attach the devices and try again.

My question is simply whats the best way to mount one of those drives and snag my jails data?

I'm not super stressed, I'll rebuild everything if I have to, but I'd rather not. We're talking hours and hours of jails configs.

DavidHasEdge

Explorer
well I disconnected the drive that was connected when I added the stripe because I figured the other drive in my mirror had no idea the stripe was added so it should be able to be imported...

auto import saw the volume and worked!

Now, to get that data over to the SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.